Thursday, April 22, 2010

What would you do on a night like this? Date Night

Posted by: Sabah



Image from: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nU0Zpx5JA88/S2e6E3HImxI/AAAAAAAAITA/SMv9o8xi-Ms/s400/date_night_movie_poster.jpg

How can you possibly miss a movie with Steve Carell, so when Date Night hit the big screens, I grabbed my keys and the nearest person and headed straight to the cinemas. Ok, fine that’s not how it happened, but I wish it did. Anyhow the story of when and how I watched it will be reserved for a later time. Now it’s time to fill you guys in of what you’re missing out on.

Date Night is about a happily married couple with two children, they are living ordinary lives with managing work, family and social affairs. Every ‘one’ night they get to themselves, Phil and Claire get the baby sitter in and call it a ‘date night’, where they can forget about everything and focus on their ‘love’. The movie is around one very special night, which goes horribly wrong, when Phil decides to take some ‘no shows’ reservation in a very popular city restaurant. That was their first mistake, the movie goes on with one problem after another and during this, Phil and Claire grow closer to each other and overcome a few issues which bite any ‘ordinary’ couple.

Date night has the classic bad guys vs. good guys theme, and there is no guessing in who wins in the end. Overall I rate this movie an 8 out of 10, for its comedy, story, and just being a great feel good movie.

I personally found this review on Date Night quite interesting: http://stalepopcornau.blogspot.com/2010/04/review-date-night.html

No comments:

Post a Comment