Monday, April 5, 2010

'There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger!' Alice in wonderland

Posted by: Sabah

Being a fan of Tim Burton and Jonny Depp, as soon as I heard of the movie ‘Alice in Wonderland’ by Tim Burton I couldn’t wait for its arrival on the big screens. 4th March came and the wait was over. Once I watched the movie, I was rather disappointed by it. This movie crushed my expectations and all the hype that was created before its release, wasn’t worth it in my opinion.



Image from: http://www.covershut.com/cd_covers/Alice-In-Wonderland-2010--Cd-Cover-26334.jpg

The movie starts off with curious young Alice at her engagement party; she is faced with the decision of whether or not to accept the proposal. Everyone wishes for her to do so, but she is inclined otherwise. She is an individual with a mind of her own. She wants some time alone and is led by the white rabbit to escape the crowd, like in the old production she falls down a hole and is surrounded by talking creatures. This other world is a world which Alice had nightmares about as a child. Alice soon learns the reason behind this; she has to help this ‘Wonderland’ to be ruled by the right queen the ‘White queen’ and has to fight the evil red queen to achieve this.

Overall I rate Alice in Wonderland a 6 out of 10.

I personally found this persons review on Alice in Wonderland very interesting:
http://www.dragonblogger.com/dragon-blogger-review-of-alice-in-wonderland/

Trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment